But this rose is an extra. Its smell and its color are an embellishment of life, not a condition of it. It is only goodness which gives extras, and so I say again that we have much to hope from the flowers.
– Arthur Conan Doyle, The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes
Precious, rare and costly, rose essential oil is widely coveted for its aromatherapeutic and healing qualities. Creme Fleurette organic rose oil comes from the Bulgarian Rose Valley, where producers use centuries-old techniques to preserve the essence of one of the rarest flowers in the world. Two tons of rose petals yields one ounce of pure essential oil – that’s 60,000 rose buds for a fairy-sized bottle! Only harvested for a brief season each year, the flowers are carefully hand-picked in the morning, right after the dew – and then immediately distilled into into an essence prized the world over by the finest perfumers. Creme Fleurette features this precious substance in abundance, our signature expression of beauty in healing.
Some of the many healing properties that have been attributed to the rose flower are:
- Moisturizing & anti-aging, used as a treatment for sensitive or dry skin, eczema and wrinkles
- Cleansing and detoxifying
- Naturally antiviral and anti-inflammatory
- Healing effects on the heart chakra and for treating emotional shock, grief, depression, nervousness and sadness
- Cooling effect on the body’s organ systems
- Ancient cultures drank rose water to tone and heal the reproductive system
- Used in massage, diffusers, baths, face masks and lotions
- Digestive stimulant
- Many cultures continue to use rose water and oil in their daily personal care, health regimen and cuisine!